time 3-10 working days
3D printing in metal using the SLM process
The metal 3D printing process Selective Laser Melting has the decisive advantage that the components are built up from metal powder layer by layer, formless and without tools.
The additive manufacturing process is not suitable for every application and every component geometry. Especially in the case of simple geometries, the higher production costs of the raw parts compared to conventional manufacturing are a disadvantage. These costs can only be economically justified if additive manufacturing can add functional value to the component that cannot be achieved with other manufacturing technologies.
We will be happy to provide you with an initial assessment of the feasibility and economic viability of your component.
The economic benefit of metal 3D printing depends strongly on the geometry and the application. As a rule, the following advantages can be achieved:
- Production costs independent of component complexity
- Weight reduction through topology optimisation or lightweight structures
- Functional optimisation through hybrid or integral design
- Constructive degrees of freedom in component development
- Shapeless and near-net-shape production for shortened product development process
- Added value in the material system through material selection and parameter adjustment
The components can then be reworked with our modern CAD/CAM systems on the 5-axis machining centres.
The following services are included in the metal 3D printing of your components:
- Identification of the optimal mounting direction
- Thickening of functional surfaces for reworking processes
Material parameters of our standard alloys
Average results from the mechanical-technological material tests. Detailed material data sheets are available on request.
*Values after specific heat treatment
|Qualified materials||Ti6Al4V*||1.4404||1.2709*||AlSi10Mg||Alloy 718*|
|Tensile strength Rm [MPa]||1140||680||2100||370||1460|
|Yield strength Rp0,2 [MPa]||1020||540||2050||240||1230|
|Hardness||380 HV||240 HV||54 HRC||110 HB||47 HRC|
Request an offer for a prototype or small series production quickly and easily.
prototype or small series production!
Our experts and specialists will be happy to advise you. We strive to process your requests within one working day (24 hours) and create an individual offer based on your specifications and requirements.
We will be happy to advise you on your project in advance by telephone!Request a quote now